Friday, March 18, 2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I like these biscuits.  They're tasty.  I want to eat them as a meal, but that would be irresponsible.  And gluttonous.  And I would be setting a bad example for my carbaholic daughter.  I hate setting a bad example. 


It is my life's work to be a shining example of goodness and positive encouragement to my little angels.  Poor behavior and untidiness are strongly discouraged in our home.
As is endangering the safety of ourselves and others.

And I make a point to ensure that we always look our best when we leave the house.  After all, as individuals, we represent the family. 

As you may have guessed, I run a pretty strict home. 


Who want biscuits?!?

You'll need flour

salt,

baking powder,

butter,

milk,

shredded cheddar,

and Old Bay seasoning.

Sift together the dry ingredients and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or a fork, then add the milk.
and stir with a spoon.

Then mix in the cheddar.
Scoop the biscuit dough out of the bowl and place it on a baking sheet


Big, heaping, irregular shaped mounds will do quite nicely.

Bake these in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. 

These are perfect to accompany a big bowl of soup, a pasta dish, or anything with shrimp in it.  Old Bay makes me think of shrimp.  They go together. 

Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe
makes 8 biscuits
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbps. milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Sift together the dry ingredients and cut in the butter until it looks like course crumbs.  Add milk and stir to combine.  Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine.  Scoop onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this recipe! Gonna try this tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete