So here's the recipe for the pancakes and a few pictures of children happily gobbling them up.
No, my daughter is not blue. Photoshop is having one of those days so I was forced to throw this one in, unedited. Stupid photoshop.
Did I mention forks were not necessary? Just dig right in, really.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, vanilla, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.